Marine Protected Areas Research Group leader Phil Dearden is one of a group of Canadian marine scientists preparing a “recipe book” of scientific principles for the establishment and management of MPAs in Canada that will be launched and discussed at the upcoming International Marine Conservation Congress in Victoria. He is also assisting the Royal Thai Government to prepare a Master Plan for Protected Areas for the country and he and group member Petch Manopawitr are leading the marine component of the Corridors and Connectivity Project for Thailand.
- Friday, Jan. 20 – Geog Lecture Series – Geography Grad Students: Emerging Graduate Research Findings
- Philip Dearden: Trudeau missed an opportunity to stand tall
- Making Real Progress on Marine Protected Areas in Canada
- Professor Dearden was awarded the Canadian Association of Geographers Award for Scholarly Distinction (2016) for his career contributions to research
- Biggest Marine Cleanup in Canada Challenges Vancouver Island’s West Coast Waters