Ocean Networks Canada is excited to present the first annual “Power Up! – It’s What You Know and Who You Know That Counts” networking and training event for graduate students and industry within the field of marine science and technology. This one day event will give students the chance to gain essential skills in communications and to practice those skills as they “speed date” with different representatives from the marine science sector.
Power Up! aims to: (for students)
- Connect you with representatives from the ocean science industry at large
- Present you with opportunities (paid and unpaid)
- Provide training in communications, intro to entrepreneurship and writing a killer CV
Power Up! aims to: (for industry)
- Connect you with smart, talented students who would make great future employees or interns
- Facilitate idea stimulation through discussions with students
- Provide a space to showcase your organization
We encourage you to Save the date of Wednesday February 27, 2013 to join us at UBC Robson Square in Vancouver BC for this event.
Registration opens early December.
For more information contact: Ellyn Davidson firstname.lastname@example.org