The core of our research group is made up of faculty and graduate students from the Department of Geography at the University of Victoria in British Columbia, Canada. The Group is composed of a core of Faculty and Adjunct Faculty appointments, led by Dr Phil Dearden, with active involvement of Dr Rosaline Canessa, Dr Rick Rollins, Dr Cliff Robinson and Dr Mark Zacharias. A number of outside members are also actively involved in the MPARG program of research. Please follow the links below to find out more about our backgrounds and research interests of:
- Managing the social impacts of conservation
- New article: An appeal for a code of conduct for marine conservation
- Why people matter in ocean governance: Incorporating human dimensions into large-scale marine protected areas.
- Friday, Jan. 20 – Geog Lecture Series – Geography Grad Students: Emerging Graduate Research Findings
- Philip Dearden: Trudeau missed an opportunity to stand tall